A register is maintained for all holders of a Certificate of Registration, who have completed the appropriate qualifications to become an Environmental Health Practitioner. EHRB also hold registers from previous awarding bodies such as the Public Health Inspectors Education Board and the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.

Finally, EHRB maintains registers of those who have been issued with certificates in the following accredited courses.

Please note some of these courses are no longer running.

Late registration process

Prior to 1998, some students were able to access Voting Membership of the CIEH on completion of their degree, regardless of whether or not they had registered with EHRB.

Despite the best efforts of the CIEH at that time, a relatively small number of people did not register with EHRB and did not receive a Certificate of Registration.

If this applies to you it is an easy situation to resolve by contacting 

The process known as 'Late Registration' is simple. An application form is available but you will need to provide some evidence of both your academic qualifications and your practical training. There is a fee for this which is currently £195 (reduced to £50 for CIEH members).

Overseas EHPs

In order to work in England, Wales or Northern Ireland as an Environmental Health Practitioner overseas EHPs are either required to make a declaration to the CIEH, or make a successful application to the CIEH for registration with the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB). The requirement is dependent upon whether the EHP obtained their qualification in the EU and whether they intend to work in England, Wales or Northern Ireland on a temporary or permanent basis.

Hygeia the EHRB logo